ink for thought: days

Wednesday 5 May 2010

days


there are good days and there are bad,
there are easy days and there are hard.

there are moments of pure emotion,
my eyes well up and the heart swells,
my pulse races and thoughts disappear into mist even before being fully formed.
those times when I would run to the moon hoping to shed myself,
when I would gather the clouds around to hide from the intensity of my own inward gaze.

there are times when sorrow masks itself with laughter,
a smile hanging loosely like a neon sign outside a derelict shopping district
a playful chuckle standing as sombre sentry
keeping watch over the true feelings buried deep within

there are fragments filled with such an immensity of activity
that finding the time to do anything is in itself a feat,
these days when the hands work so that mind will not,
the body is engaged in hopes that the heart be distracted

but there are always
choruses and verses,
places, both real and dreamt,
words and sounds,
sunrises and sunsets

all of these things and a dozen beside
that remind me just how much

imissu

1 comment:

Unknown said...

your words are turgid with emotional integrity...very beautiful!